Polyelectrolytes are chemicals that have qualities and characteristics of both polymers and electrolytes. For instance, polyelectrolytes have the properties of higher viscosity, that is adopted from polymers and higher conductivity is adopted from electrolytes(salts).
Polyelectrolytes have multiple applications:
- Polyelectrolytes are mainly used in water treatment processes, we can use them in water-treatment for sediment settling, and solid-liquid separation.
- In chemical reactions, polyelectrolytes are used as thickeners, emulsifiers and conditioners for influencing any reactants in any particular reaction.
- In daily life, we can find them in cosmetics, shampoos and soaps.
Types of polyelectrolytes on the basis of applications:
We can categorize polyelectrolytes in three categories:
- Cationic Polyelectrolytes working as coagulants are used to neutralize the negative charge present on wastewater particles. In this process cationic polyelectrolytes are considered as primary coagulants, as they have a large scope to work, especially dewatering processes and for bio sludge sedimentation.
- Anionic Polyelectrolytes, bearing negative charge, are adequately efficient for process applications like paper, sugar, textile, mining & food industries.
- Non-ionic polyelectrolytes don’t consist of any specific charge unlike above mentioned. They are chargeless, but capable enough to work with a compatible composition of water.
Working of Polyelectrolytes
Polyelectrolytes with high molecular weights form bridges with wastewater materials. This phenomena is called coagulation bridging phenomenon. Polyelectrolytes also work as flocculants, they create bridges along the suspended particles or sediments and anionic or non-ioinic polymers, and widen or maximize their size so they settle down in the solution all together.
Acuro Organics Limited is a prominent organization serving in the industry for many years. We have earned excellence in manufacturing various water treatment chemicals including Polyelectrolytes.
Mentioned below is the portfolio of Polyelectrolytes manufactured by Acuro Organics Limited
ANIONIC POLYELECTROLYTES (POLYACRYLAMIDE-PAM)
- ACUROFLOC AT124 is a powder form polyacrylamide based anionic polyelectrolyte. It consists of high negative charge. It is proficient in applications like solid-liquid separation in treatment of effluent water and mining.
- ACUROFLOC AT137 is also a powder form polyacrylamide based anionic polyelectrolyte. It consists of low negative charge. It is proficient in applications like sediment settling.
- ACUROFLOC AT470 is a powder form polyacrylamide based anionic polyelectrolyte, efficient in working of process applications like paper, sugar, mining, textile and food industries.
- ACUROFLOC L207 is a liquid form polyacrylamide based anionic polyelectrolyte. This polyelectrolyte manufactured by us is also efficient at very low dosages.
- ACUROFLOC CN530 is a powder form cationic polyelectrolyte. It is efficient to work at very low dosages, and capable of settling quickly in primary and secondary ETP.
- ACUROFLOC CN615 is also a cationic polyelectrolyte, efficient to work at very low dosages and is capable of settling quickly. It has proficiency in process applications like dewatering and big sludge sedimentation.
- ACUROFLOC CN630 is also an instance of cationic polyelectrolytes. It performs a major role with centrifuges and in process applications of sedimentation of biological sludge (eg. bacteria and protozoa), sludge, dewatering and paper.
- ACUROFLOC C405 is a liquid form food grade cationic polyelectrolyte for potable water.
- ACUROFLOC LP44 is a polydadmac based primary inorganic coagulant, working as charge neutraliser (liquid).
- ACUROFLOC DW17 is a Deoiling Polyelectrolyte (DOPE), majorly being used in oil recovery in oil exploration industry.
- ACUROFLOC PD70 is also a Deoiling Polyelectrolyte (DOPE) for oil removal from water in refinery water and oil.
- ACUROFLOC DWC35 is a powder form dewatering inorganic coagulant, which is used for secondary sludge thickening.
- ACUROFLOC DWC91 is a also powder form dewatering inorganic coagulant, which is also used for superior sludge thickening.
- POLY ALUMINIUM CHLORIDE POWDER is popular in working for process applications of flocculation in water purification, treatment of potable water and wastewater treatment. It is efficient at very low dosages along with presence of high turbidity water and high pH range.
- FERRIC CHLORIDE POWDER / 40% SOLUTION is available in both liquid and powder form. It is efficient in removing contaminants from wastewater extensively. Moreover, it works in process application of drinking water production.