ACURO’s Isothiazoline based biocide is a broad spectrum formaldehyde-free biocide based on a mixture of active ingredients: Chloromethylisothiazolinone CMI (5-chloro-2-methyl-2H-isothiazol-3-one) and Methylisothiazolinone – MIT(2-methyl-2H-isothiazol-3-one) in a 3 to 1 ratio. This formulation is marketed by Acuro Organics Ltd.
MIT finds application in domestic, industrial & institutional cleaners, whereas the same product in combination with CMI is an established preservative in personal care and cosmetic products.
The combination of CMI and MIT is one of the most potent and cost-effective biocides for industrial preservation in the wet state.
Mechanism of working of Isothiazolines based biocide:
Isothiazolones utilizes a two-step mechanism involving rapid inhibition (minutes) of growth, respiration and metabolism, followed by irreversible cell damage resulting in cell death due to destruction of protein and presence of free radicals(hours).
ACURO’s Isothiazoline based biocide is an effective antimicrobial used to control bacteria, fungi, and algae in :
- Cooling water systems and industrial water-treatment
- Fuel storage tanks
- Pulp and paper mill water systems
- Oil extraction systems
- Wood preservation and antifouling agents
- Water-based adhesives
- Paint formulations, coatings and inks
- Household cleaning products
- Construction materials
- Polymer emulsions
- Personal-care products
- Diagnostic reagents
- Paper-coating materials
- Metalworking fluids
- Oil and gas fluids
Key benefits of ACURO’s Isothiazoline based biocide:
- Works well at Low dose
- Broader spectrum of activity
- Supplied as an aqueous solution readily incorporated into cosmetic formulations
- Good compatibility with surfactants and emulsifiers, irrespective of their ionic nature
- Effective over the entire pH range normally encountered in cosmetics
- No color or odor imparted to cosmetic products
- Low toxicity at recommended use levels
- Environmentally acceptable
- Rapidly biodegradable